MIAL Diversity Surveys - A focus on women
With “Empowering Women in the Maritime Community” as the theme of 2019 World Maritime Day, the International Maritime Organization (IMO) says this is an opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of gender equality – and communities around the world have followed suit.
MIAL seeks to gather information relating to gender diversity in the Australian maritime industry. Two surveys have been prepared for this purpose.
All those who work in, and all those who manage people in the Australian maritime industry are encouraged to complete the survey.
- If you are an HR Manager working within any organisation in the Australian maritime industry, please complete the HR Manager Survey (hyperlinked). This will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
- If you are not an HR Manager, please forward this email and survey link to the HR Manager in your organisation.
Business Owner (with no HR Manager)
- If you are the owner of a business in the maritime industry that does not have an HR Manager, please complete the HR Manager Survey. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
- If you are an employee working within any organisation in the Australian maritime industry, please complete the Employee Survey. This will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
- Please feel free to circulate this email to your connections within the industry – the more data the better!
- The surveys will close on 15 November 2019.
- Select which survey you would like to complete then click on the appropriate button below to commence the survey.
- Diversity and inclusion encompass a broad range of groups, however, this survey will focus on women in maritime.
- With MIAL’s Seafaring Skills Census focusing on seagoing roles, this survey intends to explore other roles that are within the industry.
For further information please phone 03 9647 6000.