MIAL Environment Masterclass August 6th 2019 - Register for this event
Norton Rose Fullbright Melbourne Level 15, RACV Tower, 485 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000 | Hide Map
Date: August 06, 2019
Time: 09:00 AM
MIAL Environment Masterclass - A focus on energy efficiency
As the shipping industry faces the ongoing challenge of meeting future energy needs, stricter global requirements and an increased local focus on ship sourced emissions, carbon constraints and growing trade needs of a globalised economy, innovative approaches to technology investment, with a focus on future business needs are essential.
The next MIAL Environment Masterclass is drilling down into energy efficiency. What are some of the engine technologies and alternative fuels that are available to reduce fuel costs and your carbon footprint? What are the opportunities for early movers in the Australian carbon policy landscape? And, importantly, as the Australian Government moves to introduce biofouling regulation at the border, what synergies exist between energy efficiency and closer attention to vessel hull maintenance?
We are pleased to have confirmed the following topics and speakers
- LNG as a low carbon fuel for shipping, Woodside
- Increasing engine energy efficiency, Wartsila
- An insight into the challenges and possible solutions for a modern, energy efficient maritime industry, Kongsberg
- GHG accounting and the domestic carbon policy landscape, Energetics
- Calculating the biofouling performance penalty, University of Melbourne
- Australia's proposed biofouling regulations, Department of Agriculture, Water & Resources
- More being announced daily.
The MIAL Environment Masterclass, 6 June 2019, Melbourne.
The final program will be released soon.
This event is proudly sponsored by: