192024 March 11 Advanced Shipping - Melbourne - Register for this event
MIAL Advanced Shipping One Day Intensive
A maritime industry focus on the business of shipping, including the important relationships and roles between ports and ships.
Understand how Australia fits into the global landscape and see a Port up close with a tour of a Port and tower.
The Advanced Shipping Masterclass is ideal for Senior Managers, Business Development Managers, Marketing Managers, Analysts and
anyone else who works in the maritime environment and needs to get a broader understanding of how the industry works. MIAL, together with a high calibre group of speakers will present informative industry sessions.
Shipping Economics – Australia’s Unique Issues
• Coastal trading & cabotage
• International exports
• Maritime skills and the industrial landscape
Maritime Law for Non Lawyers
Jurisdiction, Transport & International Trade,
Liability regimes, Shipping regulation in Australia,
The role of Classification Societies
• What is classification? What are the
requirements for shipowners, builders and
managers? How does classification work?
• What are the roles of IACS and IMO?
Safety, environment & security
An overview of the international regulations relevant to the Australian maritime industry.
A Charterer’s Market
What is chartering? The difference between a ship charterer and a ship owner. What is the ship chartering procedure? What are ship owner duties? The role of the ship broker.
• Liability regimes
• Hull and machinery
• Protection and indemnity
• Operations of the P&I Club
Maritime Finance for Non Accountants
• Financial considerations
• Vessel costs
The Importance of Ports to Shipping
• Port responsibilities, Agents, Pilots, Tug companies and utilisation
Port Tour closes the day.
1 full-day (0900-1600)
Fees *All fees include GST
MIAL Member: $245
MIAL Non Member: $490
MIAL currently has a 10% discount promotion for those who are registering to attend their second MIAL course which we call "2nd Time Around". The prices are:
MIAL Member - 2nd Time Around*: $220.50
MIAL Non Member - 2nd Time Around*: $441
Please select the appropriate ticket at time of registration.
March 11 - Melbourne * April 22 - Fremantle * November 5 - Melbourne
473 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Tram, car or taxi (Note: there is no parking available)
What to wear:
The dress standard is casual
What we supply:
|We will provide morning and afternoon tea and lunch. Tea, coffee and water is available all day. We also supply a pen and workbook.|
Bookings made for MIAL courses may only be cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy.
- If a person has booked a place on a MIAL course and for any reason is no longer able to attend, the individual may substitute that place to another person by advising MIAL of that substitution in writing at least 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of the course.
- In the event a course participant is not able to attend the scheduled course, they must notify MIAL that they wish to cancel their attendance no less than 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of the course, in which case they will be entitled to a refund.
- In the event a cancellation request is received less than 7 calendar days prior to the course commencement, the place is not refundable but may, at MIAL’s absolute discretion, be used as a credit toward a future course.
- No show: failure to attend a course which has been booked without notification results in all course costs being forfeited.
All changes to attendees, course dates, refunds etc will incur a $20 Administration fee.
If changes need to be made to your booking, please phone 03 9647 6000 or email email@example.com.
All prices include GST and are quoted in $AUD.