192018 March 17 Introduction to Shipping - Perth - Register for this event
The MIAL Introduction To Shipping course explains the basics of ships and the shipping industry. It is ideal for those new to the industry or for thos with an interest in the maritime industry.
This comprehensive one day course covers the essential elements of vessels, cargo and shipping. The course generally includes a ship or port visit.
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: The Role of Shipping in World Trade
Section 3: Ship Dimensions and Measurements
Section 4: Ship Types
Section 5: Commercial Operations
Section 6: Vessel Operations
Section 7: The Regulatory Environment
The course will engage the students with lively presentations and real-life examples.
The course will benefit:
- new entrants to the maritime sector as well as non-specialists who are currently working in the industry
- government personnel, advisors, policy makers from state, federal and local government
- administration staff who work in law firms, auditing companies, class societies, banks and financial companies, shipbrokers, insurance companies, transportation companies and ports, who seek general knowledge about the maritime sector
1 full-day (0845-1630)
Fees *All fees include GST
MIAL Member: $500
MIAL Non Member: $583
MIAL currently has a 10% discount promotion for those who are registering to attend their second MIAL course which we call "2nd Time Around". The prices are:
MIAL Member - 2nd Time Around*: $450
MIAL Non Member - 2nd Time Around*: $525
Please select the appropriate ticket at time of registration.
February 19 - Brisbane
February 20 - Sydney
March 20 - Melbourne
April 10 - Fremantle
May 9 - Melbourne
June 26 - Melbourne
July 23 - Adelaide
July 24 - Perth
August 21 - Melbourne
November 6 - Melbourne
MIAL, 473 St Kilda Road Melbourne
There is no parking available on site. There is paid parking on the corner of St Kilda Road and Leopold Street. Click here for further information.
You can catch the following trams from Swanston Street, Melbourne: 3/3A, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67, 72. Please alight the tram at Stop 24. The MIAL office is a short walk from this tram stop.
Note: For those travelling from Tullamarine, the airport is approximately 50 minutes from the MIAL office if you allow for traffic.
8:45 am for a 9am start
What to wear:
The dress standard is casual, you will need flat soled covered toe shoes for the ship visit and also a warm jacket
What to bring:
You will need photo identification for the ship visit
What we supply:
We will provide morning and afternoon tea and lunch. Tea, coffee and water is available all day. We also supply a pen and workbook.
Bookings made for MIAL courses may only be cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy.
- If a person has booked a place on a MIAL course and for any reason is no longer able to attend, the individual may substitute that place to another person by advising MIAL of that substitution in writing at least 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of the course.
- In the event a course participant is not able to attend the scheduled course, they must notify MIAL that they wish to cancel their attendance no less than 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of the course, in which case they will be entitled to a refund.
- In the event a cancellation request is received less than 7 calendar days prior to the course commencement, the place is not refundable but may, at MIAL’s absolute discretion, be used as a credit toward a future course.
- No show: failure to attend a course which has been booked without notification results in all course costs being forfeited.
All changes to attendees, course dates, refunds etc will incur a $20 Administration fee.
If changes need to be made to your booking, please phone 03 9647 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All prices include GST and are quoted in $AUD.