181931 June 27 Advanced Shipping One Day Intensive - Melbourne - Register for this event
A maritime industry focus on the business of shipping, including the important relationships and roles between ports and ships, learn how Australia fits into the global landscape and see a Port up close with a tour of a Port.
The Advanced Shipping Masterclass is ideal for Senior Managers, Business Development Managers, Marketing Managers, Analysts and
anyone else who works in the maritime environment and needs to get a broader understanding of how the industry works. MIAL, together with a high calibre group of speakers will present informative industry sessions.
Shipping Economics – Australia’s Unique Issues
• Coastal trading & cabotage
• International exports
• Maritime skills and the industrial landscape
Maritime Law for Non Lawyers
Jurisdiction, Transport & International Trade,
Liability regimes, Shipping regulation in Australia,
The role of Classification Societies
• What is classification? What are the
requirements for shipowners, builders and
managers? How does classification work?
• What are the roles of IACS and IMO?
Safety & Environment
An overview of the international regulations relevant to the Australian maritime industry and how Melbourne based RightShip, has become the world's leading maritime risk management & environmental assessment organisation.
A Charterer’s Market
What is chartering? The difference between a ship charterer and a ship owner. What is the ship chartering procedure? What are ship owner duties? The role of the ship broker.
Maritime Finance for Non Accountants
• Financial considerations
• Vessel costs
Presenter: Jacqui Jennings - MIAL CFO
The Importance of Ports to Shipping
• Port responsibilities, Agents, Pilots, Tug companies and utilisation
Presenter: Victorian Ports Authority (Melbourne)
Port Tour closes the day.
1 full-day (0900-1600)
Fees *All fees include GST
MIAL Member: $245
MIAL Non Member: $490
MIAL currently has a 10% discount promotion for those who are registering to attend their second MIAL course which we call "2nd Time Around". The prices are:
MIAL Member - 2nd Time Around*: $220.50
MIAL Non Member - 2nd Time Around*: $441
Please select the appropriate ticket at time of registration.
February 21 - Sydney * April 11 - Fremantle * June 27 - Melbourne
MIAL, 473 St Kilda Road Melbourne
There is no parking available on site. There is paid parking on the corner of St Kilda Road and Leopold Street. Click here for further information.
You can catch the following trams from Swanston Street, Melbourne: 3/3A, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67, 72. Please alight the tram at Stop 24. The MIAL office is a short walk from this tram stop.
Note: For those travelling from Tullamarine, the airport is approximately 50 minutes from the MIAL office if you allow for traffic.
8:45 am for a 9am start
What to wear:
The dress standard is casual
What we supply:
|We will provide morning and afternoon tea and lunch. Tea, coffee and water is available all day. We also supply a pen and workbook.|
Bookings made for MIAL courses may only be cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy.
- If a person has booked a place on a MIAL course and for any reason is no longer able to attend, the individual may substitute that place to another person by advising MIAL of that substitution in writing at least 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of the course.
- In the event a course participant is not able to attend the scheduled course, they must notify MIAL that they wish to cancel their attendance no less than 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of the course, in which case they will be entitled to a refund.
- In the event a cancellation request is received less than 7 calendar days prior to the course commencement, the place is not refundable but may, at MIAL’s absolute discretion, be used as a credit toward a future course.
- No show: failure to attend a course which has been booked without notification results in all course costs being forfeited.
All changes to attendees, course dates, refunds etc will incur a $20 Administration fee.
If changes need to be made to your booking, please phone 03 9647 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All prices include GST and are quoted in $AUD.